Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The more things change, the more they stay the same

It's been a while since I posted anything of consequence. it's been difficult to come up with something worth sharing, hence the quality of posts of late. I read quite a few good blogs, and wish I could emulate some of those writers, but it's just not happening for me right now.

Too much stuff going on, taking away my powers of creativity I suppose! Be that as it may, I still have a whole lot of stuff going on in my head, and will one day probably be in a position to post them here. Problems still with exposing myself with regards my family or employer. It's a tough one, but until I have a change in career, I am stifled.

It's interesting to note that I am not alone in this dilemma. A few of them who's blogs I used to follow have stopped posting, and the reasons being "I post my updates on Facebook" (that's a load of crap, and useless", or, I just don't get to it anymore. Lost interest, and that's that! Fine, I don't have a problem with that, it's their choice, but I would feel like I would be abandoning another project if I did that, and so, I keep going. And I still don't really care if anyone reads my stuff or not, it's just a place for me to try and be creative, and to vent.

I'm going to visit a place in Pretoria that imports DIY type stainless steel railings / balustrades soon. I think I mentioned this before. The plan is two-fold. One, I really need to replace my railings on the balconies at home, and need to put in hand rails on the staircase. Secondly, I think it could be a good opportunity to start a small business. I know I can install this stuff, so if I can get it at competitive pricing, I could get a nice side line going. Who knows, could become a profitable business. But first things first, I need to take a days leave so I can go and see the company, and look at their product quality. Maybe next week.

And therein lies the problem. Maybe next week! Why not book the day off now? Why wait? Well, mainly because I have a very low level of interest right now. I couldn't be bothered. Why not? I have no idea.

I suppose I don't have the self belief! I know it's a very competitive market out there. I know a dozen guys who could be doing it, and if they are not, why not? And, and, and I can keep making excuses, and never get round to it. But I will. Soon. It's probably going to be the only way to get GMan gainfully (and legally) employed. If I can get him interested in the first place.  Will go and put in for a days leave as soon as I am done here!

Sunday past was Fathers Day. I celebrated my 21st fathers day, and it was good. Slept in a bit - a first for me, and then me and LuckyL mounted our steeds (Yamaha XJR 1200's) and went for a quick breakfast rune - excluding the breakfast stop. We did a quick 70-80 km in about 40 minutes. Not so fast I hear you say? Considering the conditions of our road, the traffic we have to contend with, multiple "HIGH RISK" zones, and the fact that we were traveling in mostly 60 and 70km/ areas (not that we stuck to that) we did OK. Got back home, loaded the Princess into the car and we went for breakfast at the local Wimpy! The start and stop points will not be our home, but a petrol station nearby......


 Red lines - According to Google, it's 76km. That's as the crow flies.
Yellow lines - as the road goes.
We leave from the filling station, turn 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, back past turn 2, 1 and then back to the filing station. The section between turn 2 and 3 is relatively fat. The part between Turn 4 and 5 is extremely fast, massive ;long corners - in fact, we both run this section at full taps! Not sure what will happen if we have a farmer come out onto the road in his tractor one day! Turn 5 back to turn 2 is up and over a mountain (OK, so it might not qualify as one in the US, but it's ours!) and it's a narrow twisting winding road, with loads of blind corners, but also great for blitzing!!!!Nice quick adrenaline rush before breakfast!

Salagatle!

No comments: