Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Sunday, August 08, 2010

I don't give up easily

I don't give up easily, but everything has it's limit
I've let you make decisions, and you got it wrong
I tried pulling you in again, and initiated some restraints
But you seem to be ignoring them, and do what you want anyway.

The long and short of it is that even though I care
And worry about what the final outcome is
It's not my problem anymore. You must decide
What your future could look like, and then follow your mind.

I know it's not all roses, not easy and too much
But think of having to struggle through life like me
Just because you didn't make the effort to improve
Yourself now, when you have the chance.

It's not for me that you have to do this
It's all for your own good, life's not all
About clubbing, having fun, going out, and games
it's a really tough, dog eat dog world out there.

I'm not giving up on you, but am releasing the leash
You will have to learn life's lessons in your own way
Just like I did, 35 years ago, and I was younger then than you now
And still today I have not found that which I know was mine.

So, from now on, you are on your own.
Completely at your own mercy. I can't do this anymore.
It's not fair on me, or the family
We have lives of our own you know.

Best of luck then, in your venture
Forever you will look back and say
If only I had listened then
life would be so much easier today.

Salagatle!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

:-(
Sad to read something like this.
(Methinks it's an offspring?)

{{{hugs}}}

Fishman said...

Children? I was easy on my folks, but did witness my brother doing his own selfish thing. I wait for that day with mine....