Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Latest news from the front office.....

My pic will remain unchanged

This is a 2009 Aprilia RS125 - few hundred km on the clock. They want ZAR20k for it (could probably get it for 18 or 19). Will cost ZAR12k to repair. Will resell for ZAR48k. Think I should go get it - quickly!

Got to ride this beast yesterday. Never mind my XJR 1200 muscle bike. This demon, a 100 Cubic Inch Victory, with stage 1 kit (air box and special exhausts) is an absolute monster and a dream to ride. Hit 100 mph (NOT kph) in 3rd, 200kph in 4th, and a gear to go. The owner / dealer says it's good for 250kph! When I changed from second to third I dropped the clutch (as we do) and the front wheel came up to me! Damn but if this isn't the meanest ride I ever had! I want one - no, I want this one. It's a demo, few thou on the clock, retails for ZAR186k, I can have it for ZAR145k - a steal. if you are a biker, go ride one. just for fun. You will be sold. On YouTube there is a piece where this thing races a Yamaha R1 - leaves it standing through 1st and 2nd gear.......

My Rossi AGV! Yup, mine, bought it yesterday!!!!!
View from the fast lane!

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about stuff. Not sure why, other than I suppose I know things could be worse. Work is - well, it's work, and as long as I have a job, I suppose I must be thankful, and I am. Got the name of a builder today, who does small jobs, so he's coming around on Saturday. maybe I can use him for the pillars on the decks, and the other small things I need done. Then I can get the roof over the braai area, and the railings replaced.
The XJR spares from Japan are due this week, so I can reassemble that, and the reprayed parts are due in a week or so, then those can be fitted, and I can ride it!
GMan has basically finished with school. He's now got his prelims, and then final exams, and then we hope he's done enough to go to varsity.
LuckyL is, well, he's LuckyL. In love, riding his Aprilia, doing ok at school, would rather be rebuilding bikes than studying (not a bad idea as there is serious money to be made).

So, I'm 50, and life seems ok - nay, life's good! Have not been doing too well on th epoker front, but then I'm not playing as much as I used to, and seem to have got over the "urge". It's amazing how things get into your system, take over your mind, but eventually leave again. No harm, no foul.

For those of you who know anything about South African affairs, this idea was proposed last night:-
"We should pay for an operation to have Peter DeVilliers and Caster Semenye voice boxes swopped!"
And from a large friend of mine, this one:-
"A man just knocked at my door, asking for donations of clothing to give to the starving people of Africa. I told him to fuck off. If MY clothes fit them, they can't be starving!" (He's 6'4", and weighs in at about 135kg!)

Ok, enuff 4 today - got to get to the office.
Salagatle!

2 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Congrats on the helmet...very jealous this side, though it probably won't look kewl on a cruiser like mine.

As for the Victory...waaayyy overpriced. For that kind of cash, you can get a decent superbike (for the helmet) or a great Harley.

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Cant really get a descent superbike for that - an R1 is about ZAR180k now. But also a different league. As for the Harley, costs more, and comes no where near the Victory in looks, sound, power, price, style, ride.... need I say more? Personally, I just don't like Harleys anyway!
Salagatle!