Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's my party......

Wow ! What a party. Not as raucous as my 40th, (we ALL getting older), but a great one nonetheless!!
Good turn out, everyone I wanted there was there (one or two couldn't make it), and everyone got on well, and had fun. the younger one's got a pool game going, and a tournament to boot, where they beat the crap out of the older guys (so? we don't spend all our time in pool bars, we rather spend our time trying to get laid!), new friendships made between those of my friends who didn't know each other..... Great time.

Great gifts too. I had given the Princess a 'list" made up mostly of rather expensive items, but not expecting anyone to come through with them, rather expecting cash donations towards them. I did get some dinero, but no where near enough to buy what I want - however, I will be buying the Rossi helmet I wanted anyway!
On the list were:-
Rossi helmet
Givi top box for the bike
New biking jacket
A new job offer (this one aimed specifically at a friend ogf mine who is a share holder in 2 - 3 very lucrative companies)
A Ducati
Some other stuff
Single Malt whiskey

Received:-
Well I did get some great surprises. First up, from a pub friend (he who looks after my TV ariel and stuff) - a "box light for my bar! And it's of the one beer I would / do drink when I do have a beer!
Then, on the morning of my birthday, apart from my brother and his family having made the trip to join us for the weekend, the Princess presentaed me with a gold ring, engraved with the
Zanette famil crest! This had me in tears. It's damn fine, and the best present anyone could have wished for!
From the Queenie, 4 handkerchiefs, and a donation towards the helmet.
From Brother and family - A shark sticker ( almost a must have from Boet!), a new pair of Vuarnet sunglasses (damn fine - very very expensive, not the kind I would buy myself because of the cost, and now a replacement for my old one's, which I also got from him originally, but which were broken!!! Thanx boet), and a Ferrari!! Yup, doors, bonnet and boot opens, and the wheels turn, and the steering works! And it's a great model for the pub showcase!
Then an assortment of other gifts, which will be displayed below.
A very special gift was from my friend, colleague, and executive on my accounts at work. A mounted Warthog trophy - this animal must have been a monster!!! And I immediately got out the tools, drilled the hole, and mounted it where it can keep an eye on my pub. It's a beut!!!!
From another long time friend, a Collectors Ferrari - copy of the 87 model - stunning!

Quite a few bottles of booze (for a non drinker this was intersting, however, I am going to get into some of these as the quality of the stuff given to me MUST be tasted and enjoyed, so, here's to a repeat (yet controlled) cycle of my youth!
This is the Rossi helmet I AM GOING TO BUY TOMORROW!!A "picnic basket" full of goodies (Italian) including a 3 - 4 kg parma ham!A Btl from my lifelong friend!
'87 Ferrari
MGD Bar light
Mounted warthog trophy
Chiva s - 12 yr old - Collectors edition
BIG bottle of Heineken beer

Glenfiddich 12 yr old Single Malt - JUST for ME!

Irish Whiskey - with collectors jug
Bells Special Reserve
Another Warthog - this is a knife sharpener
The balloons that were inside for the party, now "hung out to dry" on the balcony.
The birthday cards - the very big one was great - didn't need reading glasses for that one.
My Ring - with family crest
Same again

Handkerchiefs with envelope - donation towards the helmetShark sticker
Set of 6 Captain Morgan Rum glasses
Vuarnet Sun glasses with glasses holder

Millers Bar light - on.
Ferrari.....

Salagatle!

2 comments:

Bruthafromanothamutha said...

so - party animal - did ya get the helmet or wot?

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Went to try it on again yesterday.
Going to buy it today - if I can get to the shop.
LOL
Salagatle!