Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Monday, September 10, 2007

Spring is also

a time for fantastic sunsets, and there's no better place to see them from then the deck of our home. Here's a taster:-



It looks smoggy / foggy / hazy, but that's a combination of cellphone quality pics (which are not really this bad) and smoke from the last few veld fires in the area.

But crazy sunsets man. To be enjoyed with an ice cold beer! (Divemaster - that's a beverage enjoyed everyday by millions of South Africans)

Salagatle!

2 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

If you see my last posting, you'll see that I'm back in SA (for all the wrong reasons)...and that first beer was amazing. Followed by a couple of shots of "Makers Mark" (yankee whiskey)...

A 2 Z said...

I guess you guys are going to rub it in now that we in the northern hemisphere are going into fall. I remember what surprised me in S.A.was that even in the summer it was pitch black at 8:00pm but the sun was up at 4:30am. Our grass is turning brown and the leaves are turning red. The sky is grayer and its more windy. I am back in class teaching grade 3 and 4 (10 year olds)this year. Soon it will be winter -30 degrees Celsius, wahhh! brrrr! You cant even cry when its that cold the tears freeze on your face and it kills. This is when they start bombarding us on tv with trips to the South. Well enjoy your spring/summer. I dont remember there being a big difference between the 2. I will go make myself some hot chocolate (maybe add a bit of Amarula in it) to warm myself up a bit! :(