Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Cape Town - the party

was held in a restaurant called The Octopus. It's a small place, so they could book out the whole venue. It was great meeting up with a lot of people we haven't seen for a while, and when IvorJ eventually arrived it was on the back of a Harley! (he's an old biker, rode with me in the Roadhogs many years ago, but hasn't ridden for many years). It was a surprise arranged by his nearest and dearest as he's been dreaming of getting a cruiser for some time!

Food was great, and the party never got raucous or out of hand. methinks we are all getting to old for high revving stuff, although a fair amount of alcohol was consumed.
The Octopus has some interesting decor, and these pics, although a bit dark show off some of it.

It's located in a seaside village called St. James, named after a church which had been built there in the 1800's, and which was demolished (why?) in 1900.



We eventually left at 1am, and safely drove the 17 km back to our hotel.

Salagatle!

No comments: