here is an excerpt from there _ copied without permission - so sue me?
Top 10 most bizarre experiments
- Elephant receives massive dose of LSD to see if it induces temporary madness. Conclusion: LSD is fatal to elephants
- Aircraft passengers told they are about to die in crash make more mistakes in written test. Conclusion: Extreme stress harms cognitive ability
- Two-headed dogs created by Soviet surgeon, above, but die within a month. Conclusion: Tissue rejection makes animals incompatible
- Psychologist begins experiments on son to test if laughing is spontaneous when tickled. Conclusion: Laughing is an innate response to tickling
- A room of nail-biting boys is played a recording or spoken announcements to break the habit while they sleep. Conclusion: Sleep learning is possible. Others prove otherwise
- To test if people can sleep through anything, volunteers have their eyes taped open and bright lights shone in their eyes. Conclusion: The men dozed off in 12 minutes
- People asked to smell ammonia, put hands in a bucket of frogs and watch porn. Conclusion: Disgust has no single expression.
- Doctor rubs vomit from yellow fever patients into open wounds and drinks it. Conclusion: Mistakenly claims it is not infectious
- Animal corpses placed on seesaw to restart circulation and bring them back to life. Conclusion: Two animals survive with blindness and brain damage
- Fake female turkey dismantled limb by limb to find minimum that a male will mate with. Conclusion: Male turkeys aroused by a head on a stick, but not a headless body
For those of you interested in the following:-