Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Gimme a break!

Trying to access DSTV from the office. I want to look at options available for the Matriarch with regards her DSTV. She really wants to be able to watch RAI, and some church channel on Sunday mornings.
No problem, I have an account with them, so will look at what she can / should get, add it to my account, and we are done. Or so I thought.

 So I emailed them -
I am trying to access my account online.
Every time I try, I get a message that says "It seems you are trying to access from the UK. Please select.... blah, blah, blah... crap!"

"You seem to be accessing the South African Customer Care Website from United Kingdom, Please select your country from the Country Selector at the top right of the web page."

I am sitting in my office in the XXMill office park next to xxsta Shopping center! So what if my company's network connects via the UK?
Why, as a South African who might be in the UK on business / holiday, should I not be able to access  my account to make some changes if needed.
That's a load of crap, and poor customer satisfaction must be guaranteed in this case.
Please sort it out.
Thanx

Lets see if they respond.

Then, when I open my blog, and select to create a new post, this message appears on top of the screen:-

Your browser is no longer supported by Blogger. Some parts of Blogger will not work and you may experience problems.
If you are having problems, try Google Chrome. | Dismiss


Anyone out there know what this means in the long term? Do I have to download and install Google Chrome? If so, why?

Salagatle!

2 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Apart from the mandatory "Thank you for emailing us......", "Please do not respond to this email...... computer generated" email, I have not heard from these morons! DSTV - you suck!
Salagatle!

Anonymous said...

nice to be here soufafrican.blogspot.com blogger discovered your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://xrumer-services.net they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic Take care. Roberto