Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Service and "Made in China" - Part II

I recently posted here about some tie-downs that snapped, and my complaint to the importing company, and their response. If you want to re-read it go to this link.

So Earlier this week I call them to say "Hey guys, did something go wrong? Did you lose my details?" I had not yet received my refund. The guy apologised profusely. Seems he landed up in hospital, and no one stood in for him, and stuff didn't happen. No Problem I said, will wait. "Nah," he says, "will get to you by tomorrow morning latest."


About 2 hours ago, I get called to reception. A lady here to see me. She's from Moto-Quip, and has a big box for me. I sign, she leaves, and  take my box for a walk. Not only did I get a cheque (dated 10/05/2011) for R447.00, but in the box 4 complete sets of tie downs! Yup, 4 sets. He said he was going to replace the two broken straps. And, these are of a stronger makeup than those I originally purchased and complained about.

So the moral of the story is:-
a) If you have kak service and don't complain, that's your won fault
b) If you have clients, and get a complaint, handle it properly and you will win back their confidence, and possibly get more business.

Ultimately, this gesture will not cripple their business. And, I will not go and lodge an official complaint with the Retailers where I bought the stuff. And, I must concede, maybe our new "Consumer Protection Act" might have had something to do with this.

Salagatle!

No comments: