Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Sunday, February 27, 2011

And just when you thought it was all over

So, we got to have this grave stone we put up for Witness consecrated / blessed / unveiled / something. Not a European / white thing, just something these darkies do. OK, so I get hold of the same preacher who did the funeral service. He goes out to chat to the widow to find out what she wants / needs to do for this. I get a call back last night to say there are some requirements, but she does not have the funds. No problem, I will go chat to her, and sort out what  can, and we can take it from there.

So this morning I went to see her (Sat. 26 Feb). We chatted (via a translator), and it seems she does not need anything really - in fact she's happy that whats been done is enough!!! Interesting. So I gave her some money, told her we can do the unveiling anyway, and she can use the money to get some refreshments for the visitors on the day.

I call the preacher, and tell him it's sorted, and when can he do this? next week Saturday 7am! (Eish, means I got to get up early again - if I want to be there - but at this stage I'm almost expected to be there).

So, contrary to popular belief, there will be no slaughter of Beast, Pig, sheep, goat, cow, or otherwise. There will not be consumption of never ending supply of alcohol. At best, there will be some cold drinks, and maybe some buns / scones / muffins / bread... and that's that!

Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes for the unveiling, then that's also done. Will post final final update here, with pictures if relevant, next week sometime.

Salagatle!

No comments: