Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Thursday, November 04, 2010

I know I had another thing I wanted to post about

but I can't for the life of me remember what it was about!

Whatever. No Matter.

Some time ago I posted something about a machine a friend of mine had to design and build for a Municipality for them to use to process sewerage waste with. I helped with the design, fitting it all into 2 x40 foot containers, including a power plant (generator), so that the damn parts could not be stolen at night when the site was unmanned.
Anyway, he built one, and it's on site, and works like a dream! The upside is that the municipality concerned want to buy another 3 - 4 machines! And after that, he rest of the country need some as well (some per municipality!!!) And, there is talk of export of the machines to other poor countries like India, and Pakistan, and some South American countries. Basically it's used to sort out the problems that come with having a lot of "long drops" which need to be sucked out on a annual basis, and the waste disposed off. Lot's of that shit around, and always will be.
So, the upside is as follows. If the orders come in as expected (the whole fucking idea / design is patented), my proposal to my friend was that we open a manufacturing and assembly plant (some stuff you buy in), and I can run it, and do the site commissioning! Would be an absolute blast - and blessing!
The funny side would be I would go fro a shitty job, to a job making machines to process shit! Go figure. I would, however, be using my real skills. Mechanical engineering (I am a qualified Fitter & Turner), mechanical Machine Design (going to convert to CAD in the next 5 months), and Sales!
I will be away from this abusive employer, be a partner in a business that will be making serious money, doing a public service (hey, there's a lot of crap out there needs sorting!) and probably regain my self pride and respect! Now there's some motivation for you!
Salagatle!

5 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

I'm holding all appendages for you, bro....good luck!!!

Jakkals said...

Good luck!

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Thanx Guys!
Salagatle!

Jayne said...

Wow, what an opportunity! I genuinely hope this comes off for you :-)

Bruthafromanothamutha said...

congratulations - fingers crossed for you