Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Just received this

OK, so I got this email. And as usual, cause it's kind of funny, I posted it here. BUT, I have also added my comments in italics, as not all the information is true, and this is typical of the type of email that goes around sent out originally by  someone who's pissed off with the current regime! I have added some pictures just for effect!

This is too true to be funny.
The  next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual
manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians'  spending
YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to  comprehend, but one advertising agency
did a good job of putting  that figure into some perspective in
one of its press releases.

A. A  billion seconds ago it was 1959. 
B. A  billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
C. A  billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone  Age.
D. A  billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
E. A billion Rand ago was only 27 hours and 12 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.




Building Permit Tax (Building permits have been around for a long time)
Carbon Tax (New - worldwide)



Cigarette Tax (Always been a taxable evil)
Corporation Tax (Companies have always paid taxes)


Income Tax (Ditto)
VAT (Been around for a long time)
GST (Predecessor of VAT)



Fishing Licence Tax (Yup, always had one - remember my late Dad always bought his)
Food Licence Tax
Fuel LicenceTax



Petrol/Diesel Tax (Always been taxed - maybe not as heavily)
Hunting Licence Tax
Luxury Tax




Property Tax (Rates have always been payable - but now much increased)
Service charge taxes
Capital gains Tax
Social Security Tax



Road Usage Tax  (Toll roads are not new to RSA)
Local Tax
Vehicle Licence Registration Tax (Ditto)



Vehicle Sales Tax  (It's called VAT)
Workers Compensation Tax (Yup, not new)


STILL  THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not  one of these taxes existed 20 years ago... (This is not true - see my comments above)
And our nation was one of the most  prosperous in Africa. (And probably is still in the top 5)

We had absolutely no national  debt... (Not true....)We had the largest middle class in Africa
And Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What  happened?
I  hope this goes around , At least a billion times.


Salagatle!

No comments: