Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Monday, August 02, 2010

And what did I do?

Well, I was "told" that in the new format, I would now be both OO and OI. For those of you who don't understand this acro-speak, OI is Opportunity identifier, and used to refer to the Sales Relationship person who called on the client, and identified opportunities. OI referred to Opportunity Owner, the person back at the office who would take the Opportunity through the onerous processes in-house, and develop a Statement of Work which would then be presented to the client for signature, or not.
So, not some dimwit has decided that both these responsibilities would be done by one person. This comes with it's own problems, but that's for another post.

So, after management had taken a week to have a selection review, thus losing a week with which we had to respond to the RFP, I was tasked with doing the OO bit. And I did, and I got the complete response through the system in a week. Delivered to the client today! On time! Now why the fuck does it take the rest of the business 2 - 6 weeks to do the same piece of work?

I'll tell you why. Because unlike me, who depends on winning the business to earn some commission, the rest of those dumb fucks back at the office get their full pay every month, so there is no pressure on them. They get paid if they perform or not. And, like for me, they know there is fuckall that can be done to them. No one could even dare try to fire their fucking slack arses!!!

Now, for my next trick......

Salagatle!

3 comments:

Bruthafromanothamutha said...

or is it just that they are inexperienced and just hiding within the process and the fact that you are good at your damn job!

Divemaster GranDad said...

You've certainly hit on one of the reasons, but most importantly is the fact that the processes are failing everyone in the chain, with the result that, primarily, you as the commission earner, is affected. But so is everyone else in some way or other. I'm fighting against doing OI and OO stuff from my side cos I don't earn a comm every month. If I wanted to, I would be in sales, just not in the same corporation...

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Welcome to my blog, 文王廷 . Glad that you have decided to post in English, now we can all understand what you have to say, and I don't have to delete your comment. And you are right, we learn from others mistakes.....Please visit again!
Salagatle!