Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Monday, January 04, 2010

LuckyL's bedroom

Some of you will know that LuckyL went on vacation with his girlfriend and her family for most of December, and is only due back home on Sunday the 10th! However, he has said it looks like they might be back this Thursday. Anyway, he has for some time hinted that he would like his room redone. It's still a "small boy" look room, as he was only about 10 or 11 when we built the place, and moved in. So the Princess and i decided that while he's away, we will redo the room for him as a surprise.

So we stripped out his room, decided on the paint colors, he was keen on a black and white theme, but we didn't want to go that route. So we got a gun metal or battle ship gray for the back wall, and dove grey for the other walls. New black "chammy finish" curtains. New 3/4 bed to replace the double bunk bed. I got Ebony wood stain so as to "renew" the bed side table. and his chest of drawers.

I was not at home when he got there, but the Princess says he was gobsmacked! Couldn't believe what we had done to his room!!!

Below are the "old" pics - before we stripped the room.






These are the "after: pics.






Salagatle!

2 comments:

A 2 Z said...

If I tried this with any of my daughter's bedroom I would not be writing this. I must say that the end result is beautiful and very grown up. Excellent!

Divemaster GranDad said...

Schweeett....very grown up compared to V1...good job...