Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Thursday, August 27, 2009

About the Victory

DMDad posted a comment re the Victory I rode recently, and well as something about rather getting a super bike for the same money (and he even mentioned those dreaded tractor wannabee((Hardly a motorcycle?)) as an option).
Now, I have no interest in a super bike - these modern machines must qualify as the most uncomfortable things to ride on. No way you will do a 3000km round trip in 4 days or so riding one of those. Also, if you look at the price of these modern machines, you not going to get much for ZAR145k.
As for the Hardly-a-motorcycle - there is no way I would even consider owning one. Are you kidding me? I have a reputation to defend / uphold here. Crap - sorry but that's my opinion. Ridden mainly (not only) by wannabee bikers, with more money than sense, who think that if you don't have the right branded everything, you aren't with it. Do me a favour - have you watched these clowns on the road? What a bunch of girls. ARGH, don't even know why I am discussing this.

Victory Motorcycles - do a search on YouTube of this bike. A load of stuff to view - all of it very impressive.

So, I loved the ride I had on the bike. I was very, very impressed. Power - on tap - LOADS of it. Looks damn fine. Comfortable ride. Priced right. Only problem, I will probably never, ever own one...

Salagatle!

4 comments:

Bruthafromanothamutha said...

When you sell the Aprilia you will be 1/3 of the way towards the funding for the Victory.....
So be postive and look at the facts;
a)you only need 100K
b) youre loaded
c) lifes too short

so go get it and I agree - Harleys are noisy and for posers - usually fat posers.Living here temporarily in the land of the fat person and the fat persons motorcycle I couldnt think of a worse bike to buy!

Bruthafromanothamutha said...

PS.
and the cheapest I can find that Vicory here (2010 model) is ZAR 117K...................

Divemaster GranDad said...

Ah well...tastes differ. I would only go for a large HD cruiser anyway, not one of these pissy little models.

As for the Victory, they are made by Polaris, who also make watercraft (jet skis and the like)...not exactly what I'd call great bike credentials. The bikes don't look very rugged to me either, more of a mix between a HD and an OCC cruiser.

If you have a dream of owning one of them...go for it, otherwise it remains a dream.

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

And Yamaha make water craft, 4 wheelers, guitars, drums sound equipment .....
Salagatle!