Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Monday, October 08, 2007

The weekend that was

WELL!!!!! What a weekend this was.
First, England kick Australia out of the Rugby world cup! Fantastic. It was an awesome game, with England producing more than 2 tackles a minute (at minute 73 they had made 168 tackles). This shows with how much heart these guys played. Determination, blood, sweat and tears were the order of the day. I was so impressed with their play. Real guts and blood stuff. Well done!

Then, France booted New Zealand!!! Well, if you thought I was excited with the first game, you should have seen my reaction to the second. It was unreal. Well done Froggies!!

In both games, the "favourites" scored first, led at halfway, and then lost. Interesting.

Which brings me to Sundays game. The Springboks beat the crap out of Fiji. Not that it was a walk over mind you. The Fijians are not the Rugby 7 = a - side champions for nothing, and gave us a good run, and more than a few scares on the way, but in true South African fashion we held on, fought back, and won. What scared me was the fact that the Springboks scored first, led at half time..... See the connection?
Two quick tries in succession by the Fijians had the whole pub silent where I was watching. But we won, and that what counts.
The last Quarter Final was between Scotland and Argentina, and I was rooting for the Scot's. However, it was not to be. They played damn well, and depending on your personal point of view, deserved to win (needed a little bit of luck). However, Argentina are not pushovers, and so probably deserved to win it anyway.

The good news is that after these bloody battles fought this weekend, most of the teams are sporting serious injuries, and there are bound to be some important players out of contention (well, for the semi's anyway), and I heard on the radio today that the Springbok team is complete. No injuries, so they can select the best of the best.
Good.
Now, back to battle.....

Salagatle!

2 comments:

Lola Starr said...

Sounds like a good weekend rugby wise! Awesome! :)

Divemaster GranDad said...

Bok-naai!!!!

Too bad about the Scots, but if we'd played the same in the first half as we did in the second when we scored the try, we could have taken the game comfortably. As it was, we didn't have a plan for the whole game and made too many handling errors...c'est la vie...