Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Friday, October 19, 2007

Lucky Dube

well known South African Rasta musician was gunned down in front of his two small children last night where he was dropping them off at an uncles house.
No, this event did not take place in a township / squatter camp, but in Rosettenville, a suburb in Johannesburg south.
The police suspect it may have been a botched attempted hijacking. So fucking what!?! If a internationally recognised BLACK star is not safe, what hope has any white person, (or any black person for that matter)!
http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=591102

RIP Brother.

4 comments:

Fishman said...

What makes this especially brutal is that it was infront of his children. WTF?

Divemaster GranDad said...

Life is cheap in Africa...no-one is immune to being affected by the Reaper, in whatever way.

I hadn't heard the news this morning, but this is sad. We've now lost our very own Bob Marley. {sigh}...

Lola Starr said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Especially in front of the children, my god, I don't know what's wrong with people nowadays.

A 2 Z said...

Hi Wreckless,

Hope you are feeling better. I haven't been keeping up with blogging activities lately. We all seem to be depressed. I am still grieving and I am trying hard not to become to self centered. That is quite a shock to read about all these murders in SA on a daily basis. I guess it is spring for you guys out there. All the trees here are bright red, yellow and orange here but it does not compare to your purple trees (cant remember the name). I really liked your poem on anger. You still live in a beautiful country but life is challenging there. I remember feeling 2 powerful emotions: fear and anger. Bit by bit it eats away at your soul. Hope you feel better soon.