Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another complaint about poor service

My complaint loaded on Hellopeter.co.za.

I have redone my sons FICA (LIU) requirements 4 times. Now, their accounts are locked, because the bank wants me to do it again? They have a million excuses for the "lost" documents.... It's just pathetic.

This morning I went to see a consultant at the CRESTA main branch, and sat down to do the paperwork, and was told my June W&L accounts was not within the required 3 months old! HUH? Invoice date is 20070711, that means 3 months from there it 20071011! Obviously you don't need maths to be a SBSA consultant.

All I want to do is redo the FICA, so I can call off the 32 day call accounts, and close the accounts. I will move the kids accounts to Nedbank, who might want their business, and who pay a better interest rate anyway. We are talking about approx. R50k!!!

A few years ago, their money was in a 12 month investment, and we forgot to renew it (moving house, etc. at the time). For 12 months after it came up, the money lay in a dormant holding account where it earned no interest. You would think they could send a letter or something.

Standard Bank of South Africa - Inspired, Motivated, Involved? I don't think so. You talk the talk, but you don't walk the walk.

Maybe I'll move my accounts as well, just because I can!

Salagatle!

3 comments:

Fishman said...

Ask for a Copy of all documents signed at the bank with the branch stamp on it as proof. It is amazing how quickly stuff gets done when you walk back in there with the doc's and mention the Ombudsman.

Divemaster GranDad said...

SBSA Inspire you to become Motivated to move and become Involved with another financial institution... :-)

Lola Starr said...

Wow, that sucks. My bank lost my tax refund last year. And closed my savings account without telling me.