Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Friday, July 21, 2006

K.H.S. Cricket Team beats Eton College in England

From Gmans school webpage:-

Krugersdorp High School's 1st XI cricket side recently returned from a highly successful 18-day tour of the U.K. They played nine games against top England Private schools and did the school, the West Rand and South Africa proud.
After a slow start while trying to adjust to vastly different conditions, they went down narrowly to Eastbourne, Brighton and Dulwich Colleges. They then met Eton College and after beating Eton by 3 wickets in an historic encounter, they never looked back and won the remaining games versus Downside (Bath) Lord Wandsworth (Hampshire) Exeter (Devon) and Judd School in Tonbridge.
The tour ended with six wins out of nine games. The tour also proved to be a huge educational experience for the players.
They visited the Gray Nicol Bat factory, Lords Cricket ground and all the best attractions of London. By being billeted out with English families, they experienced firsthand the very essence of the British way of life.


Salagatle!

2 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

So when does Gman get to go on one of these tours? I thought he was up for selection?

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Not yet... he's up for selection for trials for the Gauteng Schools provincial team.
I think his school team will tour in 2 yrs time. Don't worry, you will know when, I'll be going round looking for sponsors / donations / things to steal and pawn.....
Salagatle!