Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Do you ever get SMS's from

numbers you don't recognise?

So it's 10:52:45 pm, last night and I get this SMS on the cellphone. It reads " My wife helen had a little girl."
So I reply "Congratulations!!!!!"
and then I send another reply saying "Who are you?", as I didn't recognise the number on the screen. A very long, obviously international number.......
The reply comes back "Kirk"

KIRK!!!! Well then, I replied "Hey, fucking well done then boyo! Damn proud of you! Cheers! Have one on me!!!"

Kirk a friend who decided to try his luck in Ireland a few years ago. Is doing well, me some chick (who had some kids of her own already), married her, and now has an ankle biter of his own. Damn I am happy for him. Nice of him to remember me, and still have my contact details to boot! So, he's a dad, and I'm so happy for him.

Just thought you all would like to know.

Salagatle!

1 comment:

Divemaster GranDad said...

At least it wasn't a message something like "For a good time, phone Britney"...

And no, I haven't had one of those... :-)