Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Friday, January 27, 2012

So, I need to replace my car.....

After the accident, GMan brought me his car to use as a trade in. That's the VW Passat that I've been writing about, and have had so much shit with. He's getting a company car, so didn't need his own anymore. Anyway, between LuckyL and myself and the internet, it took one visit to a second hand dealer near the house, and a second visit to another dealer a bit further away, and I bought a Mitsubushi Outlandr. R60k trade in for the VW (that's R35k below trade price) and paid the rest in from the insurance payout for the Toyota, and I have transport. It's bigger, has a descent bonnet, and is also automatic. Just thirsty on petrol, but what the hell.
My "new" Wheels.
2005
Make    Mitsubishi
Model    Outlander
Variant    2.4 gls at
Price (new)    R 251,900
http://www.um.co.za/specifications/mitsubishi_outlander_2_4_gls_at_%282003%29.aspx

However, my insurance covers me for a rental car for a few weeks, so I have been driving tht for now, but have to take it back tonight. It's a VW, 1.6 Polo, auto, and gives around 7.4l/100km!!! Awesome car, 6 speed auto box, very comfortable - but I couldn't afford one anyway.

So, from tonight, I drive my new car, and LuckyL is back in his Opel. He's been driving my car since we bought it - just so we could iron out any defects, and while GMan was using his car waiting for his BRAND NEW JAGUAR to be delivered (more on this in another post).

Salagatle!

No comments: