Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

2009 Aprilia RS125

Ok, so as per previous posts, I have bought this bike from the bike breakers shop. It's in very reasonable condition, and once repaired will sell for approx. ZAR45k.

Purchase price ZAR 18,000.00
Spares and repairs ZAR 12,000.00

As I found it at the shop. This is the damaged side

Another view of the damaged side

Apart from the obvious parts needing replacement, after we stripped it down at home we found that it also needed a radiator and a footrest bracket. I took these to the breaker shop, as I know they have another bike there they are breaking up. Turns out these two parts, as well as the lights / indicators switch assembly on the LHS handlebar were all in good condition.I had then stripped off, and the owner said I could have them for free! That's about ZAR12k worth!

View of the good side. Very nice machine
So, I stopped the order for the switch assembly that I had placed with Aprilia, and will await the rest of the stuff. Front fairing (excl. screen), LH side fairing, incl. top and scoop fairing. Gear lever. LH handle bar.
LuckyL has financed this deal, so he will pocket the profits, which he plans to use to buy another bike with, to fix up and sell. If he does this right, and does 1 bike a month, he can make a cool ZAR 80 - 100k in a year - tax free! And whats more he could be well on his way to starting a business of his own!

Bikes to keep an eye out for:-
125 cc for the school boys - every year there are a new bunch of wannabee bikers turning 16, and some will want a niche bike like the Aprilia, so we will do those, and others will want cheaper Honda / Yamaha / Suzuki, so if we find them we can build them.

The next level of interest is 600cc range. Those 125 riders will want to upgrade as soon as they turn 18. The sensible ones will opt for a 600cc, those who think they can ride well, and are invincible will go for 1000cc and bigger. Good luck to them.

But there is a good selection of 600cc available, and being Japanese (mostly) spares will be cheaper too.

So, thats it for now. More to follow.

Salagatle!

No comments: