Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Monday, September 17, 2007

What a weekend....

Hectic - what else is there to say....

This weekend we finished the deck sealing, myself and LuckyL hung the gate leading to Queenies apartment ( or was that last weekend?). We sanded down the offending parts of the bar top and stained the filler, and re varnished the top. Will give it a day or to before we assess the result, but somehow I don't think it's going to make the grade.

We also visited builders Warehouse, and bought more Mahogany Finish chipboard. That's the stuff we used to make all the shelving for the bar. I plan to make the under side of the bar with it. Had it cut to size, and edged.

Then I had some strips cut 75 mm wide, and we cut a groove into the 16mm face using the table saw. This is to be fixed to the wall, one on top and one underneath (400mm below) and the frames holding the coasters will be placed between them. It's going to look pretty damn neat!

Last night was spent sorting the coasters, both loose ones and those already framed. There is a shit house full of the things. And we sorted the doubles and put them aside. We also excluded coasters which are not really pub related. Will use these on a day to day basis in the pub.

The sorting was done on the pool table, which already housed the glasses I found in a box in the storeroom this weekend. We were starting to believe we either didn't ever have the glasses!!! or the box had been stolen / misplaced. Anyhow, the Princess is happy we have them.

And sorting of framed coasters was done on the table soccer table! The box leaning to one side contains some of the doubles which I can use to swop out / sell / use.

More on the weekend to follow.


Salagatle!

2 comments:

Fishman said...

What happened with the counter?

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Still busy with it.
Takes time. Only weekends..... these coasters I can do week nights.
There is so much to do and so little time....
Salagatle!