Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Letter to the President

Further to my problem with Witness Khumalo,
http://soufafrican.blogspot.com/2006/09/witness-khumalo.html
 http://soufafrican.blogspot.com/2006/10/another-statistic.html
http://soufafrican.blogspot.com/2006/09/more-on-witness.html
http://soufafrican.blogspot.com/2006/02/witness-khumalo-non-person.html

I have now written to the President of South Africa - Mr. Thabo Mbeki. Got his email address off his personal website.
Here is the content of my mail:-


Mr. President,
I greet you as a citizen of South Africa, and an African.
I am attaching here a document I have prepared, and used several times over the past 24 months, in various updated forms, to try and assist a fellow South African with his Identity Document and Social grant dilemma.
I know and understand that this issue is not directly your responsibility, but also know that you take such issues to heart. I know that those persons who are responsible report, ultimately, to your office, to you.
What I humbly request, is that someone in your office be directed to take up this issue, and see that it is resolved as quickly as possible. I am willing to put myself at the disposal of whomever is tasked to make things happen.
When I told the subject of this problem that I would be writing you for assistance, his reply was "Are you not afraid?". and after smiling, loudly, I attempted to make him understand that no one is to be feared, and that those in office are there because of us, and for us. It is always interesting, sometimes funny, to hear, and appreciate how the "older" generation think.
I trust that between us, me and your office, we can find a resolution to this problem, and we can restore to an old man his pride, and dignity.
May you, our beautiful country and it's people be blessed with peace, wisdom, and prosperity for all.

And to this I attached the now well worn document referring to all of the things we have done in an attempt to resolve this issue.
Hope to get a response, any response.

Will keep you all updated.

Salagatle!

1 comment:

Solomonster said...

Hope I am wrong, but I don't fancy your chances...