Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Project - II

The project continued - never mind the dates, this blogg is a bit stuffed. Part one is above here somewhere....

All the parts were fixed / painted / pre assembled, and looking great.













Some of the resprayed parts.

The rims were white. Now black, like the rest of the bike, with an Aprilia red pin stripe.













This is looking really good.













75% complete. This is looking even better than I expected!

All that was needed now was for a wiring check and cleanup, new battery to be fitted, footpegs and exhaust. Tank filler cap needs a respray and 2 stroke oil must be topped up. Then drain the engine oil, and refill with new,and we can test ride it, polish it, and deliver.

So, the final product is this














This is the best I could do, and at the price paid I think it's magnificent.

The Princess had seen some of the pics as I did the assembly, but I think even she will be impressed. What I do know for sure is that should GMan decide he would rather have a bike with all the fairings and stuff, LuckyL will lay immediate claim to this one.

We now have a naked 125cc super bike, capable of doing 160.4km/h! It's got a brand new, modern facelift, even the saddle has been recovered and the stiching done in blood red to match the Aprilia name on the tank.

So far I've spent about ZAR9,000 on this project. Not bad, considering it's now worth between ZAR20k and ZAR25k!!

Anyway, had some really cool stickers made to finish it off, and to break some of the black, and that's it.

All that remains now is for you critics to make your comments on this project!!!


Salagatle!

2 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Wow...looks real kewl!! Bring it aorund sometime and we'll go for a breakfast run.

Too bad Dad went and sold his own bike just recently, huh?? GET ANOTHER!!! :-)

Solomonster said...

WOW! Well done, and Italian too! Of course now LuckL will expect the same/similar....maybe a Ducati?

Watch those Taxi's GMan....