Disclaimer

So, this is my Blog, my thoughts / feelings / ideas. You may comment if you like. If you attack me, I come back at you with reckless / racist / suicidal abandon. If you compliment me, I thank you. If you don't ever visit again I don't care. Other than that, just enjoy what I write, or not.
Salagatle!


LIU - Look It Up!

LIU
-->

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A second chance

When I first saw it , it was just a flash
Red, floating in the water
battered, beaten by the waves
Fighting back, dumped
A victim of the tide

Bravely it kept surfacing
Only to find it had been dragged back
But, valiantly it fought the waves
Survival uppermost in it's plan

I watched it's wet battle
And saw it come in close
So rushing into the water
I grabbed at it,
And swept it up, to safety

A child's beach spade, plastic, red.
A passing boy glanced at it
And I offered it to him
"Thanks" he said. And walked on.


Salagatle!

No comments: